Orthodontics is not just for children and teens! In fact, 1 in every 4 patients in orthodontic treatment is an adult. No one is too old for orthodontic treatment.
Adults seek orthodontic treatment to enhance overall oral health and the aesthetics of their teeth.
Benefits of Adult Orthodontics
Adults can benefit from orthodontic treatment in many ways. These include:
- Align the teeth to create a more aesthetic and beautiful smile
- Correct relapse after previous orthodontic treatment due to lack of long term retainer wear
- Prevention of Dental Issues improves the ability to brush and floss, especially for crowded or overlapping of teeth
- Create a better or more comfortable bite and ability to chew
- Address missing teeth
- Close spaces between the teeth
- Reduce excessive wear on the teeth due to grinding or poor bite
- Long-term cost savings can prevent coldly dental work in the future
Alternative to Traditional Braces
Many adults are concerned with the appearance of braces. Oftentimes, Invisalign® (The invisible alternative to braces) can be used to treat adults. This technology involves clear removable aligners, fabricated through advanced 3D imaging to align the teeth. metal.
Soreness and Discomfort
The discomfort experienced during orthodontic treatment can vary from person to person, regardless of age. Adults may encounter some discomfort or soreness at different stages of the orthodontic process.
Pain level and soreness are determined by an individual’s ability to adapt to the orthodontic appliance, complexity of their case, compliance, sensitivity, bone density, and pain tolerance.
The fee for adult orthodontic treatment is determined the same way as child or adolescent treatment. It is based on the severity of the problem, the complexity of the correction, the appliances used and the length of time to correct.
Dr. Jared Corbridge has treated individuals in their 50’s, 60’s and even their 70’s. It is never too late to gain the smile you have always wanted.